In the last post we talked about 5 healthy vegetables that are entering their harvest season, and we figured why not share some recipes we like for these vegetables.. Spinach is the first one up, mainly because we really like spinach. Personally, we think spinach is totally acceptable raw, but we find it great served in a variety of fashions.
No matter what, spinach is one our favorite vegetables, and it just so happens to be in season here in the Midwest. So without further ado, here are 7 recipes for spinach that we really like. Try them out and let us know what you think.
1. Baby Spinach Salad with Toasted Hazlenuts Pear and Parmesan | Healthy Green Kitchen
2. Spinach Orzo Salad with Roasted Garlic | Eat Drink Better
3. Spinach and Strawberry Salad | Cheryl Dietitian
4. Steamed Spinach with Garlic | Simply Recipes
5. Spinach Salad | Created by Diane
6. Quinoa Avocado Spinach Salad | The Garden Grazer
7. Korean Spinach Banchan | Just as Delish
What’s So Great About Spinach?
In addition to tasting great, spinach is an incredibly healthy food for you. Spinach is high in Vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting, and may have a positive impact on bones.
Along with Vitamin K, spinach is a good source of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is vital for healthy vision, and helps promote the proper development of various cells within the body.
Additionally, some research has suggested that the nutrients in spinach may help with inflammation and cancer prevention (research is still ongoing in this area, and there has not been conclusive evidence to fully support this).
The number of benefits associated with Spinach are numerous, and more are being found as we speak. So give these recipes a shot to help include more spinach in your normal diet. Let us know which ones you like, or if you have any other suggestions.